Nut-free Macarons

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by riem93, Mar 6, 2013.

1. riem93

riem93

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hi everyone!

I have always wanted to try and bake french macarons, but they are almost all made with almond flour. I have a nut allergy.

I really want to try this recipe:

http://www.foodwanderings.com/2011/06/mocharons-chocolate-coffee-macarons.html#.UTeGk9GgnKw

which uses peanut flour as a substitute for almond flour. Could I use coconut flour instead of these nut flours?

Or does anyone have a recipe that has worked for them that is nut-free?

Thanks!

2. jellly

jellly

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    I don't have any experience with nut-free macarons, but I have seen coconut flour that is ground as finely as needed, so it seems like it would be worth a try.

3. morphone

morphone

Exp:
    Professional Baker
    #next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; } I've heard of people making them with corn flour. I'll see if I can dig up the recipe.

4. morphone

morphone

Exp:
    Professional Baker
    #next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }
    Here you go!

http://bravetart.com/recipes/CornmealMacaronsGF
    #next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }

5. foodwanderings

foodwanderings

Exp:
    At home cook
  6. april29th

april29th

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    I do this all the time, ground flax works perfectly.

7. christinegk8

christinegk8

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Hi,what I did because I didn't wanna go out to the store and buy almond meal is looked it up on youtube "making nut free macarons". And I got a video that helped and you should too!:)