Number of trays to order

Joined Apr 10, 2017
I am planning a party and will be having food catered. I'm looking at the menus and they are all trays of appetizers, salads, entrees giving estimates of how many a small tray will serve and how many a large tray will serve. At this point I don't have a final number of people yet but do not know how to estimate how many trays to order if I'm having multiple food choices. When it says "serves 20-22 people", does that mean, if I'm having 60 people, I need to order 3 trays of each food item? I'm thinking that, since there will be multiple choices, I shouldn't need to order several trays for each food? I don't know how many pieces are in each appetizer tray. I've read that you figure so many pieces per person. These are ordered in trays and I don't know how many pieces there are. Salads? How do you figure that? Is there a reference chart that would help me or some guidelines someone can give? I'd appreciate it.

Joined Mar 25, 2017
There are so many variables here that we do not know, so we really cant answer you.  I would suggest you call the caterer you wish to use, explain your situation to her/him and he will be able to guide you in the appropriate direction.

Top Bottom