Now That's Customer Service

Discussion in 'Cooking Equipment Reviews' started by kyheirloomer, Feb 23, 2011.

1. kyheirloomer

kyheirloomer

Exp:
    Food Writer
    Yesterday a buddy and I made our annual spring shopping trip to Amish country. Among the things I bought was a Victorio food mill. I've wanted one for awhile, and the price was right.

When I got home I discovered that the wrong screen had been packed in the box. It's supposed to come with the tomato/apple screen, and the berry screen had been put in instead.

I emailed Victorio explaining the problem, and asking what to do about it. In just two hours I recieved an email back, apologizing for the error, and asking for my mailing address so they could send out the proper screen. And I get to keep the berry screen as well.

As I've always said, it isn't a matter of mistakes being made. That's why we have erasers and delete keys. The real question is: What happens when things go awry? That's how you measure customer service. And, so far, Victorio scores an A+ with me.

2. capsaicin

capsaicin

Exp:
    Home Cook
    OMG the Amish are using email now?

Sorry...  Couldn't resist... :D

3. kyheirloomer

kyheirloomer

Exp:
    Food Writer
    I'm trying to figure out how you connected my emailing the manufacturer with the store that sold the product?????.

4. kyheirloomer

kyheirloomer

Exp:
    Food Writer
    Just got a follow-up email from Victorio, letting me know the part will ship today.

I don't understand why one company can have such a great customer orientation why so many others don't seem to care.

You can bet I'll be recommending them at every opportunity.