Novelty or Timely critique?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by Simon Buckley, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Simon Buckley

Simon Buckley

Exp:
    Have you seen the Instagram Account @DuttyBeanz

There's a few like this at the moment, accounts that seem to mimic and mock the 'foodie' generation's tendency for self-determination via social media food posts.

This one however seems the most brutal, and I kinda think necessary. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts specifically, or more generally about what this kind of Instagram account is doing for food.

2. halb

halb

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    I have nothing to do with Instagram and can't find anything related to that account other than some pictures. So I can't comment.

Perhaps if you posted a link or some quotes?

3. someday

someday

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    @duttyBeanz just looks like a rip off of @chefjacqueslamerde (who is actually a woman despite her Instagram alter ego) who, IMO, won't be topped in the satirical exploration of hipster bro chef culture. Her Instragram is hilarious.

I just look at it as straight satire and like I said, find it pretty effective. I don't think there is anything bad about it, and if it causes some chefs to self reflect a bit, that's not a bad thing.

I particularly loved her bagel bites with cheeto dust and carrot/ranch puree (or something like that). Sublime, lol.

4. Pat Pat

Pat Pat

Exp:
    Chef Emeritus
    The account is gone apparently...