Notice

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
How does the saying go? A rose by any other name is still a rose? Well I don’t agree, which is why I’m changing my nick. From now on I’ll be known as Iza.

Iza
the former Sisi

Joined Oct 6, 2001
I was wondering who Iza was with all those posts! I knew I shoulda seen the name before!

Well I will say congratulations on the name change -- it deserves a party! Did any particular event bring it on?

Cheers!

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
Why Iza? Cause it's short for Isabelle. Added a z because it's such a nice letter and it doesn't get too much used in French. ;)

Why the name change? Ever since I've learned the meaning of sissy in English I wanted a new name. Plus I prefer to use my own name.

Maybe Sisi will come back once in while you know like the other CC.... :D

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Ah! I adore the name Isabelle. Thanks for clarifying that. Now the name has context for me. My own name is rather plain and so I chose Mezzaluna because it has cache (need an accent on the 'e'). Later I wondered if I'd misspelled it. Too late now, if I did. Why did the rest of you choose your screen names?

Joined Jul 31, 2000
Isabelle,

It does't matter to me what name you use.
As long as you continue to post and be our friend. Do you know that Sisi and cc sound the same?
cc ;)

Joined Dec 8, 1999
It's a four-letter word I can type without being censored! Plus, if it's good enough for my Mom, it's good enough for me. She saved me from being a Byron (Dad's idea, I would never have forgiven him!)

Joined Mar 4, 2000
I have bunny rabbits, and I used to have one a few years ago, by the name of Reg. When I was first trying to think up an email address, I thought of momoreg (since I'm his mom). It stuck. Reg is long gone, and I have 2 other bunnies now, but his legacy lives on.

I kinda wish I had thought up a special food-oriented name for this site, but I use momoreg for everything, that wasy I don't forget which name went with which.

[ 02-15-2001: Message edited by: momoreg ]

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
Greg I am glad you're Greg and not Byron.

Mezzaluna, I like that name, it has a nice ring and cachet and a touch of exoticism.

Momoreg that is such a nice story. I never had rabbits. We had a dog, a cat who ran away at some point, many hamsters, mouse turtles and fish. I have two cats now, one isn't mine, she was abandoned last summer and stayed in the neighbourhood. When it got cold outside I couldn't stand thinking she might be cold so I took her in.

Joined Aug 11, 2000
Shroomgirl~ really like cooking, hunting and serving wild mushrooms and am active in our mycological group....didn't realize how many associate "shroom" with hallucinogenic finds...or would have added the mu
though I think it sounds way to fungal.
5 more weeks til Morels are out!!!!! only 4 monthes til Chanterelles!!!!This should be an incredible year because of all the snow.

Joined Nov 19, 1999
LOL! I thought It was because you were shrooming around the kitchen too, Shroomgirl. Just yesterday the connection with mushrooms occured to me. Momoreg, bunnies are such special creatures. I had one that I was extremely close to. He loved steak! He always parked himself in front of the oven until it came out. My name - Shugie - came from the stories my dad used to tell me when I was little. Shugie was a child in the stories. I took it in honor of my dad when he died.

Joined Dec 8, 1999
Speaking of name changes, what happened to mudbug? For a few days there, cchiu was mudbug; now she is cchiu once more. Is it some kind of odd Missouri spring ritual to change names for a few days or did she find out what a mudbug is? Inquiring minds want to know... :p

Joined Nov 19, 1999
That bunny never did realize that he was a vegetarian. The only other thing he loved almost as much as steak was honey dips. Or maybe it was the woodwork and the cords on the appliances... Whatever, we adored him. He ran free and was litter trained like a cat. :rolleyes:

Joined Mar 6, 2001
My goodness, you guys are funny!

Momoreg.....FINALLY! I've wondered about your name. I always wondered how you pronounced it. Mom o reg, I'm Mom o dukie.

Shroomgirl I understood your name right away. My husband and I go morel hunting every year in Iowa (actually he finds them and I stand around whining "where, I don't see any?). We follow the superstition that if you bring in a bag to carry them out, you won't find any...do you? He looks for dead elm trees...what's your secret to hunting? Also what's your favorite way to eat them??? We dip in flour/seasonings and fry them in butter until very very crisp.

My husband got a mushroom tattoo (yuk) in the early 70's (when he was a hip dude) and it didn't mean morels, HELLO! HAAAA! :D

Joined Mar 6, 2001
Iza I don't want to make you cry but...my sister told her kids the dog ran away too. Hum..... ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom