Not sure if I ever introduced myself...

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by katew, Jul 9, 2002.

1. katew

katew

Hey, I've been lurking this board for a few months now, posting my two cents, but I don't think I ever posted my intro on this board. I'm a 23 year old female and I'm going to attend JWU in Rhode Island this fall. I love to cook and I love food and I know I am the typical newbie who has no idea what she's getting into, but I'm giving it a shot anyway.
    Just wanted to introduce myself!

2. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    It's a pleasure to have you with us Kate

3. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Welcome Kate, glad you finally joined in.

4. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome to Chef Talk, Kate! Please tell us a bit about yourself.

5. isa

isa

Welcome to Chef Talk Kate!

Good luck in your studies. :)

6. katew

katew

I lived in Massachusetts until I graduated high school and then I went to Maryland for a brief stint at a 4 year liberal arts college studying psychology. A slew of unfortunate events happened and I lost my confidence and my grades fell. I did however, meet my current boyfriend in my second year. I left that college after a year and a half.

I moved back to Mass. with my boyfriend and lived near the Rhode Island border with him for a while. Then we moved to Tennessee because of a good job offer by one of my boyfriend's friends. (My boyfriend lived in Tennessee before we met.) The job offer fell through, but we stayed in Tenn. and we still live there now. I am leaving him for school though, and the plan is to stay in touch, and see where we stand when I finish school.

I attempted massage therapy school, but the school shut down due to credit card fraud :( luckily I was not affected by this.

I have a mild case of spina bifida, a birth defect that affects you physically. I can walk though and don't really have many limitations except some weakness in the back and legs. I have had many surgeries and I have to do some unusual things to uh, relieve myself, but other than that things are relatively normal. I am small in stature and not all that strong, but I hope to beat the odds!

7. katbalou

katbalou

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    dear kate,
    i'm sure you'll do fine at j&w. the city seems to have cleaned up nicely since i was a student there. if you like italian food you'll have to go to federal hill and i've heard that the water fire thing is pretty neat too. should be plenty of places for you to enjoy. when do you start school?
    kat

8. katew

katew

I start school early September. The move-in date is the 9th. I just got information today about my two room mates and I hope we all hear from each other.
    I've heard Providence used to be not so nice, but that it has greatly improved. It seemed like a decent place when I visited in April.
    I love all kinds of food, especially Italian. I can't wait to check out the restaurants, and I hope I have time to be hungry! LOL

9. bbcheff

bbcheff

Im sure you will do fine at JWU, Kate, keep working on the back and legs, the Rest. business requires a LOT of time on your feet.I worked a couple of "Joints" in Providence back in the 70's, and was surprised how much cleaner it is now. Good luck.