Chef Forum banner

not allowed to listen to music, hat or hair net only

845 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  meezenplaz 
#1 ·
I'm a line cook i always wear a bandana, now they say I can only wear a hat or hairnet. Also they took are music away yes no music allowed, I understand if its to loud keep it down but no music makes me work slower and get tired at night a lot easier. Any comments?

#3 ·
I guess you didn't read what I posted on "the other thread" when you posted the same question.

It's not about you, what you want, or works best for you.

Check your local heath auth. website, if they want hairnets or hats on all food handlers, then thats what they want. They won't come after you, but they will come after your employer, either with fines or demerit points. You personally don't factor in this equation, just your hair--or lack of it. Don't be a schmuck.

Both sounds and smells you can't ignore. You might like bluegrass or chinese opera, and have it playing all the time, and the guy next to you can't stand it and is running to the boss, sobbing " make it stop, puhleeese!!!"

Same theme as with the hats: Life isn 't all about you, nor does the world revolve around you only. We all got to get along, and that means everyone following the same basic rules.

Not what you wanted to hear, I know, but you heard it anyway.

#6 ·
Sellit, in the future please don't post the same comment to different threads or start multiple threads on the same topic.  I answered on the other thread where you posted your issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.