No-brainers!!

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by marmalady, Jun 2, 2002.

1. marmalady

marmalady

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    So I was asked to make sauces for the new place; knowing the owners are incredibly 'white bread' people, who 1) love sweet things; 2) hate spicy things; 3) have a bizarre infatuation with honey; and 4) are unbelievably uncreative, this is what I came up with:

1 - 'Jazzed up mayo' - (their words, not mine!) 2 parts mayo, 1 part dijon, 1/2 part horseradish; of course it was too horseradishy for them, but they admitted the customers would like it!!! (For their BLT with 12 slices of bacon, for $3.50).

2. 'Peanut butter dare' - again, their choice! For a burger. I made two sauces, one a sort of satay type sauce with juuuusst a little kick, and the other, well, here it is: peanut butter, honey, cinnamon and vanilla. Guess which one won?!!!

3. Honey mustard sauce - Presented them with a couple of different sauces, each with a different flair, two quite good. The winner is - mayo, honey, Gulden's brown mustard.

I'm calling these my 'cheap and cheesy' sauces. Anyone else do anything so - um - simple?!!

2. shawtycat

shawtycat

Marm I had to make a Banana Split and show the staff how to make them when I wasn't there. Can you believe they still don't get it? :lol: Is that un-simple enough? I laugh everytime I think about it. :lol: :lol:

Jodi