Nine years this month!

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by phaedrus, Dec 19, 2013.

1. phaedrus

phaedrus

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Interesting- I got to looking at the date and I realize I've been here at CT forum for nine years this month!  Time really flied.  I've enjoyed the time here, great site.

2. kuan

kuan Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Congratulations.  We haven't chased you off yet?  ;)

3. phaedrus

phaedrus

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hahaha!  No, not yet!  Like a bad penny I keep turning up./img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

4. kaneohegirlinaz

kaneohegirlinaz

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    @Phaedrus  what, 10 years?  You're one of the corner stones!  Could you share how you first found CT?

5. phaedrus

phaedrus

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    To be honest, I don't even remember how I wound up here./img/vbsmilies/smilies/redface.gif   I just wandered in one day and made myself at home./img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif   Looking back I think I was sous at a hotel property when I joined.  That dates back to about the time I first really "discovered" the net.  I'm a moderator at a couple of audio forums and have been there for 10 or 11 years.  Must have joined them shortly after I started building my own computers.

It's been quite a ride!  I left that sous job for a better paying job at a crappier restaurant.  Then I quit there in disgust over the food and went back to school, just working as a line cook.  Taking that step back from management and just cooking reminded me of why I originally started working in restaurants.  I'm still working on my degree but once I have my Bachelor's in business administration I'll probably jump back into the saddle and take a chef job (probably within the company where I work now- I worked as a chef at a couple places for them and really like the owners).