nice to be here

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by mojoe, Dec 22, 2009.

1. mojoe

mojoe

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    hi & hello...
    owner operator of a small specialty coffee-cafe, primarily dealing in (duh) artisan coffee and espresso, breakfast lunch & in-between fare of varying sweetness, no culinary experience per se outside of quality being #1 in all we cook, brew, bake, etc.
    inherited the baking gene from my german grandmother... found this forum to be useful and it's membership seemingly helpful...
    while my interest is obviously based in the food end of things, i've slowly started educating myself about applied end of the business and how volume production directly relates to the equipment being used (recently acquired our first 20qt hobart...loving it), something of a tech geek as well, which being a coffee geek is merely a hybrid sub-species....
    thanks for having me, mo'joe (chris):peace:

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome, Chris! We're glad you found us, and we know you'll find plenty of resources here. The members are eager to answer questions, provide advice and have a little fun as well.

Have a look at the cooking articles, photo gallery, and of course the discussion forums. We've been here for about a decade, so it's a good thing we have a search tool to help you sift through it all.

Good luck with your enterprise, and enjoy being part of this great community.
    Regards,
    Mezzaluna

3. cheftoddmohr

cheftoddmohr

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    As an Executive Chef at hospitals and big government institutions, my experience is LARGE production. I'm used to cooking for thousands. If you need any advice using that new Hobart, I'd be glad to help.