Next Cheftalk Reunion

Joined Oct 15, 2001
:cool:
How about a brainstorm of ideas for the next Cheftalk reunion location? Seattle would be great - or even Italy, as Jim suggested.

Joined Jan 5, 2001
Definitely Canada gets my vote. Lots to see and do here. My friend from New York who visited Montreal for the first time recently, swears that the most beautiful guys and gals in the world reside in Montreal. How about them apples? ;)

..Oh, and great food too!

Joined Oct 15, 2001
Montreal is a great idea. Anneke, you could show us all around the city and introduce us to its unique culinary delights.

Joined Jan 5, 2001
I've left Mtl 4 years ago so I'm sure much has changed since. But between Kimmie and Isa, I think we have that covered! (and I'll do my best too)

I'd recommend Toronto but Montreal has a much cozier athmosphere, not to mention that everything costs about a third less. Old-Montreal was my ol' stomping ground. As far as I'm concerned, for a weekend it's got everything that you could want!

Joined Jul 31, 2000
I have never been to Canada,
But if the freinds here on cheftalk are any indication of the type of people that are in Canada I would really love to come.

I look forward to a tour of Montreal by Kimmie,Anneke and Isa.

cc;)

Joined Jan 5, 2001
I think I speak for the 3 of us CC when I say we'd be honoured!

..and yes, that's 'honoured' with a 'u', eh?! ;)

Joined Aug 29, 2000
I'll start saving my pennies and cross my fingers for a good date (on the calendar, that is! :blush: ) I'll have to practice my French, with is rusty, to say the least! Bet I can get my husband to come along this time!

Joined Apr 30, 2001
Do ya'll think you will ever make it out west?

Canada would sure be great though...

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
C'est fantastique!

Montreal is a great city. Charms of old Europe right next door. Great food, nice shopping and nice people.

For more on Montreal, check out the visitor’s guide.

I'm sure Kimmie will agree that we both could help plan activities, find hotel, suggest restaurants, take everyone on a culinary shopping trip around town and help with whatever else you all have in mind.

The Government of Quebec will also be happy to have you come visit and will send you tourist information should you ask them.

Click here to visit their website.

Joined Mar 4, 2000
If it's in Montreal, I'll be there. I've been there 6 or 7 times. That must say something about what a great city it is.

I hope that wherever the next reunion is, it's not around the time I deliver baby momoreg, or I won't be able to go!

But we still have time to negotiate. I can always bribe you guys with sweets, can't I?

Joined Jul 24, 2001
I love Montreal!
People there are so friendly and nice. I have been practicaly everywhere, I have visited the five continents, but Montreal is one of my best travel destinations and the natural beauty of Canada it's so...
I haven't seen such a Nature before!!!!

On of the main reasons for going back to the States is to visit Canada again!

:)

Joined Nov 20, 2000
Here's an unrealistic thought!
Let's rent a tour bus and go from Montreal up to Nova Scotia and then work our way back across Canada to CoolJ's house in Kamloops. BC is beyond Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joined Oct 15, 2001
Chrose, that bus is hilarious.

I have never been ANYWHERE in Canada, which is downright shameful. So it would be great to go and meet people who know the town.
I've also wanted to check out Seattle for a long time now - it's supposed to be a great town, too- I think we have a few Cheftalk folks out there, don't we?

Joined Mar 13, 2001
Of course, my vote goes to Montreal. The year after, we could go out West and meet with CoolJ!

Oh there's also our Visitors' Tax Refund program! Interested?

And Cape, it will be such a treat to show you around...

;)

Joined Jul 31, 2000
I need the names of some great B&Bs in Montreal.
Also, Any wonderful Bistros or cafes you can recommend.
Raclette,warm potatoes and cornichons with grain mustard would set me at ease. Perhapes with Vouvrey
cc

Top Bottom