Newcomber-excited and confused!

ali

Joined Oct 26, 2002
Well I sort of fell into this site. I was on the cookinglight website and someone recommended this site to me. I am 29 years old-and trying to figure things out. Deciding between graduate school or persuing a career in cooking. It seems like a no brainer-I love to cook, in my spare time I am either cooking or reading cookbooks, looking for recipes. But for some reason it seems very daunting to me. And trying to decide where to go. I would love to move, maybe to the west coast. So there it is! It seems like I am not alone, which is nice. But I look forward to chatting with you guys.

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Hello Ali, and welcome to Chef Talk. You have found a friendly, active community of pros and amateurs from all over the world. Tell us more about yourself if you like, such as what your specialties are, etc. Then browse through the other forums and enjoy yourself! Don't overlook our archives and older posts; use the search function to locate conversations that may be of interest to you as you contemplate a life in a culinary field.

Nice to meet you!
Mezzaluna

ali

Joined Oct 26, 2002
Thanks. I have really enjoyed falling into this website. It is great to have professionals there to answer cooking questions. My specialties are baked goods. I personally love anything with chocolate in it, but I make a variety of cookies and bars, and specially during this time of year I love to make pumpkin bread. I look forward to learning and enjoying this site.

Top Bottom