Chef Forum banner

Newbie to the boards, pastry chef opening my own bakery

686 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  lucie stone 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm new here. Quick intro: I'm a self-taught pastry chef from Knoxville, TN. I'm in the process of (finally!) opening my own bakery. I've been selling my breads and pastries for several years, and demand has finally gotten to the point where I can justify a retail storefront to go along with the business-to-business and wholesaling I've been doing. If construction continues on schedule, I'll be open in early July. 

So, as a newbie to the retail and wholesale pastry world, I have a few questions I hope you guys might be willing to help me answer. I have background in hotels and hospitality, but I've never worked in a professional kitchen, and definitely never a bakery shop or pastry kitchen. I'm starting to plan out my baking schedule for the kitchen and I realize I haven't much idea how a bakery kitchen's schedule runs. Could anyone offer me a quick snapshot of their kitchen's day to help me get myself a little more organized? 

Thanks so much! (I've also cross-posted this in the Professional Chefs Forum as well. I hope that's ok.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.