Newbie saying hello

Joined Aug 24, 2003
Hello to all. I just stumbled across this site through a link from an article about sourdough bread in Gastronomica. Glad I found it and I look forward to learning and communicating.

I live in Southern California and teach at a cooking school run a catering business and struggle to raise 2 kids by myself.

Oh yeah, I just went to sandwich night last Thursday at Campanile and for those of you near LA who want to have some of best sandwiches in the world - CHECK IT OUT!

Kevin

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Kevin, we're very glad you found us! You'll find lots to read and great people to interact with in all of our forums. Don't miss the great articles at the main Chef Talk site, too.

Welcome!
Mezzaluna

Joined Aug 24, 2003
Thanks Mike - Campanile is a great LA eating place and on Thursday nights the co-owner Nancy Silverton does "sandwich night" - I had what is called the autostrada sandwich - 4 different cured italian meats, two cheeses, all served up on freshly baked sourdough bread from La Brea Bakery which was also started by Nancy.

My companion had the classic croque monsieur - sounds funny to get so excited about a sandwich, but this kitchen does them like no other.

Kevin

Joined Jan 24, 2003
MMMMMMMMMMMMM sounds good.

I used to do a lot of work with Pret a Manger the first gourmet sandwich co in London , they are now a conglomarate.

We Brits invented the sandwich dont you know.

Top Bottom