Newbie Onboard

Joined May 28, 2004
Hello to all!

First of all, I am not a professional chef, nor am I training to be one. :(

However if I had to do life all over again, I do not think I would hesitate to start out in life working in a restaurant and eventually train as a chef. I also would not be afraid of the busy settings I imagine most professional kitchens are, and enjoy good teamwork. Alas, I am in my mid 40s and in a second career as it is. I managed a grocery store in a small West Texas town for nearly 20 years before I decided to find something different in life to do, and to make a long story short, found myself back in school studying for the IT field, and am now working as a computer networking technician for a large pharmaceutical chain in the DFW area.

I have been cooking for my family though since shortly after I was married and as I grow older, I get more and more adventurous in my choice of new foods and recipes to try. I found this last night and stayed up late lurking. I hope most of you will not mind if I occasionally ask a few questions here and there, and in fact may make some contributions of my own, but mostly I probably will be in lurk mode, at least for awhile.

Thanks,

Robert

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Hello Robert!

Mind??!! Heck no! We're happy to welcome you to Chef Talk and encourage you to make yourself at home. I'm an amateur myself; we're about half and half, pros and amateurs. Everyone is respectful of whatever level of knowledge you have, so don't be shy to ask whatever you want to know. Cruise through our forums and join in the conversations.

Welcome!
Mezzaluna

Joined May 28, 2004
Mezzaluna, thanks for the warm welcome!

I have already posted a question on the Equipment Forum. :)

Robert

Latest posts

Top Bottom