Newbie Needs Gift Help!

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by marjorie_ls, Dec 8, 2009.

1. marjorie_ls

marjorie_ls

Exp:
    Can't Boil Water
    Hello all. I joined this forum to just ask one question. A friend suggested I get her a fondant rolling pin for Christmas. Which one should I get?

We live near a Michael's and she's ordered from both Pampered Chef and Golda's Kitchen before, so if any of those places had a good fondant roller, I assume she'd have one already. She is retired and is taking a Chef Program. She makes special occasion cakes when requested and has worked a few catering gigs so far. She has a huge tool box full of tips and bags and all sorts of pastry chef/cake decorating tools, so she's serious about this stuff.

I was also thinking to get her a gift certificate for a 'baking accessories' store but I have no idea what companies are out there (besides PamChef and GoldKitchen and she barely ever mentions those two).

Any and all help would be appreciated!

2. amazingrace

amazingrace

Exp:
    At home cook
    Walmart has the Wilton 20" fondant rolling pin for $20. You may want to ask your friend if that is the length she wants, or if there is a longer one available. I hope you find what you need.

3. marjorie_ls

marjorie_ls

Exp:
    Can't Boil Water
    Thanks! The friend has moved back to Sweden and is a bit hard to get a hold of/hard to understand. But WalMart has a great Return policy if it's not what she needs =)
    Thanks again!