Newbie from the Tampa Bay area

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by chefsusanl, Feb 15, 2006.

1. chefsusanl

chefsusanl

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    Hi everyone! My name is ChefSusanL, and I am a culinary student at the Art Institute of Tampa, FL, currently in my first quarter of classes. I look forward to sharing ideas and other stuff regarding our common field.

Question -- how does one upload a custom avatar to this site?

Thanks and have a great day everyone! It's back to studying for my Sanitation and Safety midterm tomorrow :eek:

2. andrew hope

andrew hope

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Welcome to the forums... good luck with the midterm, let us know how it goes.

3. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hello ChefSusanL and welcome to Chef Talk. I hope you find the source helpful and enjoyable. Don't miss the conversation we're having with Denise Landis! Good luck with your culinary training.

You can upload a custom avatar by starting at the User Control Panel (User CP). On the left side of the screen choose "edit avatar". At the bottom of that page you'll see places to type or past in a URL address (if you're using an avatar from out in cyberspace), or the file name of an avatar from your home computer.

Welcome! Enjoy the community.

Mezzaluna

4. chefsusanl

chefsusanl

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    Thanks for the warm welcome... One of my friends from school sent me a link to this site, and I am really loving it!

Either I'm going absolutely crazy, or there's something missing from my CP... I am not seeing an area to either upload from my computer or use from the 'net an avatar... Can someone IM me at SusanL464 (yahoo) and walk me through the process?

The Sanitation and Safety midterm went pretty well... I got an 84 on my Concepts and Theories of Culinary Skills midterm (took that one on Tuesday morning)... tomorrow I have my Dimensions of Culinary Education midterm in the afternoon... we already had our Intro to Culinary Skills midterm -- got an 85 on that one...

Thanks and laterz!

5. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    ChefSusanL, I've sent you a private message about avatars.

6. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    This option was turned off and has been turned back on. You should be able to upload a custom avatar (tasteful one) now.

Just an FYI all custom avatars are subject to approval. Anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

Thanks.