Newbie from London UK

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by autogrant, Oct 30, 2003.

1. autogrant

autogrant

Hello to all of you out there in 'netland,

Just to say hello - new to the boards here, they look very good indeed from what I've seen...

A little about me - 31 now, have worked all my life in the strange world of the music business however I'm getting very itchy feet now for a new challange. I'm a pretty good home cook with many different meals and cuisines successfully tried out at home...

I've come up with a pretty good business idea that I'm looking hard into now - to do with cooking of course! - I'm looking around for quick entry level courses in London to get me started out on professional cooking techniques etc while looking into my idea...

Anyway - if anyone has any hints, tips, advice about starting out in the professional cooking / catering business then I'd be really grateful for your advice. And no I wont be giving away much of the idea on here!

So - thanks for such a great board, looking forward to posting and reading on here a lot.

Cheers,

Grant

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome to Chef Talk, Autogrant. You'll want to hang out in the Culinary Students' forum and some of the other ones for the pros where you can learn a lot and ask questions to your heart's delight.

We're glad to have you with us.
    Mezzaluna

3. mike

mike

Hi autogrant, ive friends in the music biz too, my mate jeff was tour manager for Happy Mondays,New Order & had a lot to do with the Manics in their early days. We all used to drink with Primal Scream in Brighton.

Whats your idea.