Newbie from CA-non Chef

Joined Nov 18, 2003
:) Hello to all. I am a newbie subscriber here. I am not a professional chef or even a chef at all. I see that there are a lot of professional chefs and other experts. I just love reading these
wonderful sites and have decided to join in on the forum. Part of this sites that I love to read is the Aplliance Forum. I feel that I am not even worthy of being here, but the professionalism and
nice atmosphere makes it comfortable being here. Thanks everyone!

Joined Jul 3, 2002
Oh goody, another Californian! :bounce: Welcome 4tek. And don't worry about being a non-pro; there are lots of us here and the pros are supportive as well as incredibly helpful.
What do you like to cook? What especially interests you in the appliance forum?

Joined Nov 18, 2003
Thank you for the warm welcome Phoebe. Means alot from a long timer, as seen by your registration. Are you ever down in this area? Yeah I'm down here in Costa Mesa-SoCal. We are upgrading our kitchen and had ran into a decision of either the GE Monogram or the Subzero, both 42" Stainless steel with dispensers. I don't know if this is appropriate discussing this here. I posted a thread in the equipment forum today. I cook the good stuff, like scramble eggs. cup of noodle, bread and peanut sandwich-j/k. We cook the traditional asian food: sauteed pork with stir fried shrimp and vegetables, seafood spring roll with peanut hoison/oyster sauce,
beer battered oven roasted catfish wrapped in spring roll, chicken and beef curry, vermicelli with shredded crab meat......I think you got the idea that we eat mostly oriental food. Then we
cook(heat up) pizzas, frozen food, quiche...anything we find at
Cosco. Me personally, I love Italian, Mexican and American Food. Is there such a thing as American Food anymore? The greasier and cheesier, the better. We've been cutting back on the cholesterol boosters: shrimp, fattty food...But it's ok when you rinse it down with cheap red wine...isn't it?

And what do you like to cook and eat and any other forum you're registered with?

If there are anyone out there who are in Costa Mesa or in the vicinity and would like to go out for Dim Sum on a weekend brunch, let me know. See if we can arrange something.

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Hey 4tek, I'm glad to see you on the board, and that you've made yourself at home.

Regards,
Mezzaluna

Joined Nov 18, 2003
Ah, it's the big chief. Thank you for the warm welcome!!!
I'm off the newbie probation and can participate now.

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Whoa! That's the first time I've been called that! I'm just the moderator of this particular forum. Don't give me ambitions 4tek. :D

Joined Nov 18, 2003
:D Well, a moderator keeps things in order, otherwise this forum
can be a riot!!! So you deserve the recognition :chef:

Top Bottom