Newbie checking in here!

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by fatso, Oct 10, 2002.

1. fatso

fatso

Whats up everybody?

I am new here and the main reason I wanted to join in, is to learn how to make some simple dishes because I just moved out of my house for the 1st time in my life.

So, nice to meet you all, and if you have any great recipes, send them my way. Thanks.

Here is the link to my thread in the recipe page:

Easy Chicken Recipes

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Howdy, Fatso! You'll love this place... just ask away! Browse through the forums, as you've already begun to do, and soak up some great ideas.

Feel free to tell us more about yourself here in the Welcome Forum.

3. fatso

fatso

Hello Mezzaluna,

Just curious what the name meant, becuase there used to be a couple of Mezzaluna Restaraunts here in Los Angeles. Unfortunately they went out of business.

Well, a little bit more about myself? OK. I am 22 years old, working in Residential Real Estate Sales in Beverly Hills. I go to school part time at Santa Monica Community College, hoping to transfer to a University.

I like it here in LA - never a dull moment.

Just a note about my User Name: It is somewhat of an inside joke between my friends and I. I mean not to offend anyone as I do not use the work Fatso in it's common meaning, but rather a person who loves to eat, such as myself. I really, really enjoy food. Probably more than most people. I look forward to eating my next meal, and I find dining and cusine very exciting.

That is all. :)

4. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hey, it's your name- therefore it applies uniquely to you in this context.

Mezzaluna... I recall faintly that was the where Nicole Brown Simpson dined before being murdered. Rest assured the name has other connections! I'm a Moonchild (Cancer is my sign)- hence the "half moon" reference. It's also the name of a crescent-shaped chopping blade used in many cultures, but named mezzaluna by the Italians.

5. fatso

fatso

That is correct. Goldberg was also a waiter there.