newbee

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by happy_baker, Jun 14, 2003.

1. happy_baker

happy_baker

hi everyone!

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome to Chef Talk Cafe, Happy_Baker! Please tell us a bit about yourself. I saw on the other thread that you're from the Filipines, and by your name, I'm guessing you bake. :lips:

We hope you enjoy all of our forums and many discussion threads. We have a great search feature to help you locate discussions on topics of interest. You can also view older threads by selecting to see topics from days, weeks, etc. in the past.

And, don't miss the great articles in he main Chef Talk site!

3. happy_baker

happy_baker

hi there i'm from the Philippines. I love to bake! I started baking 6 or 7 years ago and from day one it just felt natural, like i was supposed to be doing this. I'm hoping to learn more from this forum and maybe to contribute, in any way i can.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

4. momoreg

momoreg

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    Welcome, happybaker!
    Please tell us what kinds of things you enjoy baking. Any interesting ethnic desserts you'd like to share with us? I look forward to your posts in the pastry forums.

5. happy_baker

happy_baker

I bake pies, cakes, brownies, muffins, cookies, cheesecakes.. almost everything except bread. I've never been succesful with bread making.
    As to the ethnic desserts, i've never been into them. but i'll go dig up some recipes and post them in the pastry forums

6. isa

isa

Welcome to Chef Talk Happybaker!! What are your favourite local desserts to make?

7. happy_baker

happy_baker

I haven't tried really ethnic desserts like rice muffins or cassava cakes. I've made flan, coconut pie, polvoron which are more popular with my family and friends. I'm trying to remember what else i've made... i usually get requests to make this and that and it's getting hard to remember what i've made :). I'll be trying out a recipe for rice muffins, if it's good i'll post it. I also got a recipe for Ensaymada..that's bread with cheese and sugar. I haven't made that yet as i'm really not good with breads. I plan on taking up bread making lessons, to figure out what i'm doing wrong.