Newbe here (Old member of C2C)

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by silvercliff46, Jul 22, 2010.

1. silvercliff46

silvercliff46

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Hi

I'm an older guy who loves to cook.  I cook for different functions at my church, and have hosted around 100 people for one event.

I live in the middle of the woods in far northeastern Wisconsin.  I shop in Iron Mountain Michigan, the nearest large city (that is relative since it's population is 5000).  We used to be alone out here, but we now have 5 neighbors with-in 2 miles (getting crowded). 

I was a long time contributor on Chef2Chef.net, and was a contributor to their cookbook.  I would be interested to see if any of the folks from there are here now.

I enjoy church (Assembly of God), sing in the choir, cook, hunt, fish, putz with machinery, and love detective movies from the 30' & 40's (I have more then 300 on disk).

I married my high school sweetheart 43 years ago, after getting out of the service. (Navy)

That's about it

2. chefelle

chefelle

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    I am here, Silvercliff46...and there are others of us floating around Cheftalk as well.

Welcome, friend!

3. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome, Silvercliff46! We're happy to have you with us. With your broad life experience and love of food, I'm sure we have some good discussions to look forward to.

I skied once at Porcupine Mountain, but to my shame, that's the only part of the UP I've experienced. I'm a LOT older and ready to appreciate places I didn't stop to really enjoy.

Regards,

Mezzaluna

4. silvercliff46

silvercliff46

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Hey Chefelle how are you doing.  Glad to see that some of the folks from C2C are hanging around here.  There is a slew of them floating around FaceBook too.

I'm looking forward to trading and swapping recipes here to Mezzaluna.

Thanks for the welcome.

5. petemccracken

petemccracken

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hi Silvercliff, Silverfox here

6. silvercliff46

silvercliff46

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Hi Pete

7. myjsbest4u

myjsbest4u

Exp:
    Other
    Hi friend, Ali here! welcome to this forum, hope you have a good time here.