New

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by coqui, Nov 16, 2002.

Researching History of Gastronomy

Poll closed Nov 23, 2002.
  1. Outmost Experience

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Totally Dull

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. coqui

coqui

Hello!!! I hope that this is the beginning of a wonderful culinary adventure together.

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome to Chef Talk, Coqui. I hope you enjoy exploring the site and sharing your expertise.

Since you've posted a poll, I'm going to move this to the appropriate forum: "Repast from the Past". Please do return to the Welcome Forum and tell us a bit about your background and interests.

Mezzaluna, moderator

3. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    coqui,

Welcome.

I like a bit of culinary history :)

What are your feelings of E bulli ?and how does it translate (if at all) to historical Spanish cuisine.

4. coqui

coqui

Cape chef

Hello! I appreciate your interest in the subject.

About El Bulli;which means The Little Bulldog in the Catalan Dialect I could be talking here for hours...

But since I will try to stick to your questions let's start here.

Chef Ferran Adria, owner of El Bulli restaurant located in the province of Girona between the towns of Roses and Cadaques; hometown of Salvador Dali, is as much an innate culinary artist as he is a mad scientist.

Besides having maintained three Michelin stars through the years, he has reinvented Spanish Cuisine.

Not that Classical Spanish Cuisine should taken less seriously in the ever revolving world of culinary fashionistas, but he gives such personal , creative, hedonistic and even scientific approach to his creations that he has created a new Spanish cuisine within the Spanish cuisine.
    The attention given to styling, the consonance of "married" ingredients, the service ( thirty cooks to tend to forty customers), the careful ,premeditated yet spontaneous looking outcome of "playing" and "experimenting" in his Taller (he actually spends many hours in his laboratory experimenting with the "marriage"of different, new, old, native, imported ingredients) is what makes Ferran Adria's cuisine so unique.
    ..."to trespass the limits of perception and to blow up your senses" (all 5 of them) Ferran Adria - is his mad scientist chef's goal or more than a goal his found mission.

I recomend that using a Search in your computer, type El Bulli and it will make everything clearer, because there are more than a hundred sites where you can meet the man and his "obra", you can even see some of his menus, which will make my references to all those adjectives clearer.

I admire him greatly and although we don't have reservations until next year for our Spanish family vacation, i'm consoled that at least I have some of his recipes and that one day soon I will see him again, and this time eat at his El Bulli.

I hope I have helped with this introduction.