New Years

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
Alright everyone, time to anti up. Lets here your New Years resolution.

Mine, to finish my schooling, and to get back into shape. This desk job has been a killer to my 32 inch waste line.

And oh yeah, I plan on converting ChefTalk to a database driven site. :D.....

Joined Nov 6, 2001
I will leave the job I do and I will come back to Greece with my husband to have a baby.

I hope...

:D

is this good or bad?

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
Kylew before I went back to school I was in the kitchen and in the gym. I worked out about 1 1/2 a day and I kept a 32 inch waste line until I was about 29. Now I have a tire around my waste like everyone else.

Melina, database driven is a good thing, a tech thing, but a good thing... Good to see you in the Cafe I was wondering where you have been. If you go back to Greece will you live in Athens?

Joined Nov 6, 2001
Thanks for asking!

Oh I have been working. What else?
I am in Athens for 20 days now! And yes! I will live in Athens not in Santorini ;)

Joined Mar 4, 2000
I want to try to be more patient behind the wheel. I can't stand to be around myself when I drive!

Joined Jul 24, 2001
Next year I will try to behave as a professional of Life and not as if I was born yesterday.

Happy New Year to all

:)

Joined Jul 31, 2000
My new years resolution is to be kinder to Brad.
I am much to hard on myself.

I also want to read more and I want to write a childrens book (with spell check;))

I send my love to all my friends here on cheftalk, and I am hoping everyone accomplishes there goals.
cc

Joined Oct 28, 1999
1. "To pull my pants down and scoot across the ice more often!"
2. To loose 30#.... I'll be happy with 15#
3. Write at least 1 worthwhile posting per day for ChefTalk
4. Read one story per day to the kids
5. Keep my cool with the staff
6. Exercise
7. Use the library instead of Amazon.com
8. Smile... and mean it
9. Rub my wife's feet when she comes home from work... without her asking
10. Find a GREAT job!.... any help with this would be greatly appreciated! Cash paid for the finder!!! :)

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Lose weight, sure. More than that, I'll be happy to keep the lipids down!

Momo, I drive like you do, but I have no interest in toning it down! :p It's the only overt aggression I allow myself.

I would like to lose my fear of rejection and once again take up the battle to get my manuscript published. So far, it's been rejected by some of the top literary agents in the country.

Finally: get to Italy this summer. Failing that, to the Chef Talk Get-together in Montreal and also spend some time in NYC.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Joined Nov 25, 2001
---I too would like to get back in shape... it was not twelve months ago that I had a 25 inch waist and I miss that... --april--

Joined Nov 20, 2000
This year was a recovery year for me so for this coming year I would like to continue my excercising and skating. I still have a minimum of 10lbs to lose. After that I would lkike to continue and if possible get back down to my early 20's weight (like that'll happen!)
Also to continue my brain recovery and possibly overcome and use it to forget my past inabilities and use that to forge new abilities and get some things accomplished. I have several ideas and inventions if you will, that I still want to get done.
And last but certainly not least, to buy a home!!!!

Joined May 11, 2001
  • Finish my Master's Project and finally get my diploma
  • Home repairs
  • Lower my LDL cholesterol to 130 or below -- I'm at 152 now. I was at 200 same time last year.
  • Make bread at least once a week.

Joined Jan 15, 2001
1. To slowly and surely make my way on becoming a more patient and better human being.
2. Get a better baking job which will not end up killing me.
3. Accomplish getting a brown belt in kung-fu.
4. Rubbing my hubbie's feet without him having to beg or provide incentives.;)

Joined Nov 25, 2001
--kyle w-- Ture... but you're not a seventeen year old girl in high school... it makes a difference... --april--:bounce:

Joined Jul 24, 2001
I m so glad we have young people like April here!! :bounce:

They help me control myself :D

I have to go because as Rachel would say If Iam not in hurry my carriage will transform into a pumkin again and my dress into tatters !!!

Happy new year!!!

Joined Jul 31, 2000
April,

The way I justify over eating is I always eat while I'm working out:crazy: :beer: :crazy: :beer:

Joined May 6, 2001
I resolve to slow down. I don't even know if I remember how to do one thing at a time. Multi-tasking is evil.
:bounce: :mad: :bounce:

Joined Mar 13, 2001
I resolve to not fly off the handle so quickly (and often)!!! :(
I have a temper...like all good chefs!!

Nicko: That chair of yours won't help any...maybe you could send it to me...! I'll take good care of it :lol:

Risa: You impress me, I shall do the same and look great for the Montreal Cheftalk Reunion...but then, I won't need your chair Nicko...

KyleW: You are very likable, no matter what your waistline is!!

Mezzaluna: You better show up at the next Montreal Reunion, for fear of rejection!

Jim: I wish hubby resolved your number 9 resolution...maybe I will send him on Cheftalk tonight ;) ;)

James: I will hold you to YOUR resolution!!! I PROMISE!!!

P.S.: Oh and I almost forgot this last resolution: I will post another 2000 this year, I ga-ron-tee!

Top Bottom