New user intro

Joined Dec 1, 2002
Hello everyone. I just got a computer to take to school with me at The CIA, and I am using it to find sites like this. I am 24 and first worked as a line cook at Shoney's when I was 15. I've tried a few different kitchens in the last nine years. Currently I am the grill cook at a very small fine dining joint in Atlanta. We do only 10-30 covers M-F and about 50-70 Friday and Saturday. I am in charge of nightly chef's specials, and always looking for ideas, or sharing. I also enjoy many books about cooking.

__________________________________________________ __
"We can learn to be cooks, but we must be born knowing how to roast" Brillat-Savarin :chef:

Joined Jan 21, 2002
:eek:

Welcome to Chef Talk!!! I see you are a fan of IC. So what's your favorite style of cuisine? Since you're (assuming) still in the A-T-L when do you start @ CIA? Also is the restaurant in downtown Atlanta or toward Buckhead?

Joined Dec 1, 2002
I Start CIA in January. The restaurant is actually in Gwinnett county. It's an old ante-bellum mansion. Right now I perform what the restaurant I work at calls continental estate dining - or something like that. I like all types of cuisine. I do watch IC often, but chef actually started calling me IronchefATL, because I talked about it, so I used it for my handle.

Joined Oct 28, 1999
Welcome aboard. Your current restaurant sounds interesting. Could you explain some items from the menu?
Thanks and, again, welcome!

Joined Aug 29, 2000
We're glad to meet you, IronChefATL. I hope you enjoy browsing the forums and checking out the archives.

Welcome to the Cafe!

Mezzaluna, moderator

Joined Dec 1, 2002
Sure. The Restaurant is called Little Gardens. We make most of the money from weddings and other functions. Our menu is fairly simple. Apps are things like LG's lump crab cake w/ creole mustard sauce, fried green tomatoes w/ balsamic reduction and Gorgonzola. The top selling dinner is Tournedos Neptune- Two tournedos w/ crab, scallops, shrimp, and bearnaise. We sell alot of steaks, I think its the area. We have a brandied apple stuffed pork tenerloin dish w/ roasted pepper pineapple glaze, Pepper-corn crusted lamb rack, and really lame plain ole grilled chicken.
Some poopular specials I made include-
Guinness Marinated 12 oz. New York Strip w/ Applewood bacon and Drambuie sauce.
Molasses and Southern Comfort glazed lamb loin with cheese grits, sauteed spinach, and creamed corn.
"my play on veal Orloff"- Grilled veal chopped Ameretto/ swiss cheese sauce, and topped with toasted almonds glazed in the oven w/ fresh green pea risotto sauteed spinach and asparagus.
Ous desserts are a basic assotment of cakes and pies, sometimes chocolate mousse terrine, or something else.

Top Bottom