New User -- Hello

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by davidsl, Mar 4, 2005.

1. davidsl

davidsl

Hi, I am new to this board. I have been reading around and have enjoyed what I am reading. I also participate on other Chef and Industry Boards when I have down time and find myself in front of my computer.

My wife and I left "other" careers working for the man and purchased a restaurant two years ago. We both had been cooking all of our lives and we wanted to be our own bosses. We are enjoying some success after two years and are not looking back. At our restaurant, we have taken Pizza, Salads and Sandwiches up a notch. We serve both basic and gourmet food and foodies are our clientel. Really, you can do that at a Pizza place -- don't scoff. We cook for ourselves on the gourmet side and eat out as much as possible.

Thanks for having me. I'll participate when I have something to contribute.

David

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hello David, and welcome to Chef Talk. I hope you enjoy taking a look around and contributing posts. With your hard-won experience, you'll be a good addition to our community.

Make yourself at home!
    Mezzaluna

3. chef john

chef john

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Dear David-
    I congratulate you on your families jump across the pond to the restaurant business. Hard work, eh? I'm sure it is, but the self respect is worth it. I have been a chef for over 25 years and still love it ( and so does my wife ). It is definately not a job, but a lifestyle. Anyway, welcome , good luck and hope to hear from you soon on the message boards.
    Chef John