New to this site

Joined Oct 10, 2020
Good Day,

I have been cooking at home for about 40 years. I love to cook without anything but just taking items around the house. I just applied for a position as a cook in small hotel here in California. I am not professional trained, but I have done many different types of cooking. I have entered a couple contest, and did not win. Got an honorable mention. So I am ok with that.

I got started cooking when I was about 13 or 14. My mom always said that if I was home when she was cooking I could eat with them. If not, then I would need to cook for myself. Well I was not home most of the time when they would eat. I do not really like to go out to eat. My first marriage was great, and my wife and I would cook together.

So I am here to learn as much as I can, maybe gets some new ideas, and also maybe share my experience also. I am looking at the thread on knives..

Joined Sep 17, 2018
Welcome. Just out of curiosity your mom couldn't save you a plate if you weren't home for dinner?

Joined Oct 10, 2020
She could have, but I think it was more of making me learn more about cooking. So that when I was on my own, I could cook for myself, and not always need her help. I was ok with it, I learned a lot by having to do my own cooking.. I was home most nights for dinner when it was served. So It was rare that I had to do my own thing...

Joined Sep 17, 2018
Not enough people know how to cook and feed themselves. I don't think home ec is taught in schools anymore. On the flip side I guess it is good for the industry if everyone eats out all the time.

Joined Oct 10, 2020
I am wondering what chef are using for liability insurance?? Who do you use? I am looking to begin a personal chef business. I see that I need insurance before I can start.

Top Bottom