New to the world of ChefTalk!

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by sheldon, May 7, 2011.

1. sheldon

Hello there, I am sheldon from Victoria, Australia. After searching on google one rainy afternoon I came across ChefTalk. So far it looks like a great site to talk to others around the world about food.

I am just wondering if there is a chef that is willing to answer some questions I have regarding the job of a fully qualified chef.

If anyone out there does want to help feel free to PM me, it would be greatly appreciated :). Thankyou
  2. ishbel

G'day, Sheldon and welcome to ChefTalk!

I am sure that any of our chefs on the site would be happy to answer questions you might have about the job - but you should repost your question where more people will read it and therefore get more responses!  Try the food discussion or the culinary student fora on here.  The professional fora are read-only for those of us who are not currently employed in one of the culinary trades - and so I think you'll get more response in the two fora I mentioned above!

The wikis, blogs, articles and reviews on here are well worth spending some time to examine - the photographs are inspirational, too.  Feel free to join in on any thread you find interesting, or start your own in the relevant forum.

I love Australia - I've visited on quite a few occasions - the latest back at the beginning of 2010 - and hope to get back before the end of 2012.  We have family in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, NSW and Adelaide - so lots of opportunities to spend time in some glorious spots.

Hope to see you around the boards.