New to the forum. Hi.

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by richards, Oct 5, 2005.

1. richards

richards

Hi, I just joined up yesterday and decided to introduce myself first off.

I live in Australia, I'm 17 years old and still currently in school, I do a commercial cooking course at TAFE (hard to explain what it is if you don't know) and would like to be a chef when I leave school. I just finished a week of work placement, where you go and work in a kitchen for a week, I did mine in a buffet kitchen and really do not want to work in buffet ever again because I don't want to get into the habit of doing things half-arsed.

Well thats a bit about me, ask questions if you want. Hope to see you around.

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome, Richards. As a culinary student you'll be interested in the Culinary Students' forum here in the Cafe, but don't miss the Culinary Student's Journal in the main ChefTalk.com site. There's a lot to learn here. Visit often. Enjoy!

Mezzaluna

3. richards

richards

Thanks I'll definately check it out. Are you a student yourself?

4. oneidafan

oneidafan

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Hello and welcome to the community! I am the OneidaFan and I am new to this forum as well. I am not a professional chef but I do work for Oneida limited which supplies professional chefs. I just like to eat and share great recipes. Look forward to conversing more. Good luck with your schooling and learn as much as you can!

5. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    See- we really are friendly! Richards posted two years ago..... :D