New to ChefTalk

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by canmy02, Oct 3, 2005.

1. canmy02

canmy02

Hello to all, I have been looking for a site like this for sometime now. I really enjoy talking to others who love cooking. Well a little about me I am a student pasrty chef and loving it. I love baking cakes which might sound crazy if you saw me. You would never think that I love to bake , but I do. I'm 6'2 285 black male x-football player who enjoy baking, who would have thought, but I do. My true love is wedding cakes, that's what I really want to do so I decided to go to culinary school to enhance my skills and I love it. I only have about 4 months to go and I'm done. I hope to meet people like me on here who no matter what background your from we can come here and have one common love, cooking. Thank you.

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Canmy, we're glad you found us! I'm not a pastry chef, but I'd guess that a love of good taste, attention to detail and eagerness to please the client would be more important than your physical characteristics.

How did you find your way to the pastry field? What else do you like to cook?

Don't miss the great articles and reviews at the main Chef Talk site. There's also a culinary student's journal and much more. Stop in often! We'll look forward to your posts.

Regards,
    Mezzaluna

3. pjmomrunner

pjmomrunner

Canmy, when I saw your post I thought of this guy who I saw on some TV show who had quit lawyering to open a wildly successful cake business in Washington, DC. You have got to check this out:

http://www.cakelove.com/newsletter.html