New site looks great!

HellaSteph

Staff member
Joined Sep 11, 2012
Glad you all finally updated the site. Looks a lot better...cleaner, more modern. Well done, I’ve been hoping for it for years.
We took a lot of inspiration from food menus and dining experiences. We're so glad you like it!

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
So glad to get some positive feedback it is after all a huge change after 20 years!!!!!! Please keep the team updated on any bugs or issues you find.

Joined Dec 23, 2004
Jeezus! The cursive script headlines are gonna give me a seizure! Are there user selectable skins we can use or just the default look?

Joined Jan 8, 2010
It's quite a radical new look, but I like it
Just a small thing, the email alerts now only link to the site whereas before they actually showed the new post. I actually preferred that.

Joined Mar 21, 2008
So where is the button to see new posts to a thread without having to scroll through stuff I already read? And the cookie nag banner? I have abandoned sites over it! I REFUSE to allow tracking cookies or ads.

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
So where is the button to see new posts to a thread without having to scroll through stuff I already read? And the cookie nag banner? I have abandoned sites over it! I REFUSE to allow tracking cookies or ads.
Up at the very top of the forum just click on "Jump to new" it is on the right hand of the top of the thread

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
It's quite a radical new look, but I like it
Just a small thing, the email alerts now only link to the site whereas before they actually showed the new post. I actually preferred that.
Yes I noticed that to I will look into that thanks.

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
Jeezus! The cursive script headlines are gonna give me a seizure! Are there user selectable skins we can use or just the default look?
No user choice for skins but we are open to suggestions. I was thinking a dark theme might be nice.

Joined May 5, 2010
I like the new look. Easy to read and use. You asked for bugs.... Site won't log me out....I end up just leaving the site. When I come back, I have to sign in again. no biggy...but you asked.

Joined Sep 5, 2008
I'm not a big fan of how the font become bold/larger when hovering a thread title. In some cases that means taking 3 lines rather than 2 which pushes the rest of the page down... just changing the hover background color should be enough IMO.

cheftalk-bug.gif

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
french fries french fries Thanks for pointing that out it looks more pronounced on your machine than mine. I actually like that it calls out where your at but can see how the jumping can get frustrating. Let me talk with the team and we can see what we can do. ++ HellaSteph HellaSteph

Joined May 25, 2015
Keep in mind that how a page behaves and looks greatly depends on your machine and browser. So something you may see as a problem may be limited to you and possibly others with the same equipment and configuration as you. Add to that the fact that people can visit this forum with all kinds of different devices- from computers to all kinds of cell phones and mobile devices, all bets are off. With all those variables you are just not going to please everybody.

For the record, I see no shifting at all. Mouse over and the type turns to bold.

HellaSteph

Staff member
Joined Sep 11, 2012
Keep in mind that how a page behaves and looks greatly depends on your machine and browser. So something you may see as a problem may be limited to you and possibly others with the same equipment and configuration as you. Add to that the fact that people can visit this forum with all kinds of different devices- from computers to all kinds of cell phones and mobile devices, all bets are off. With all those variables you are just not going to please everybody.

For the record, I see no shifting at all. Mouse over and the type turns to bold.
Same here. I even tried on my mother's old laptop from 2010 and I'm not seeing shifting. She uses a Macbook.

Top Bottom