New problem with my macarons

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by tine, Feb 14, 2013.

1. tine

tine

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hello chefs, i'm new at this forum. It's good to finally talk prof talk. I' ve baked lots of great macarons but this week i have a new problem with all of them. They have air bubbles wich i cannot get out, i' ve tried tapping the sheets. It's almost like it gets even worse then. When I pipe them, they seem great. But during drying they get lumpy, so i discovered it' s air. Anyone else with this??

2. flipflopgirl

flipflopgirl

Exp:
    Retired Hospitality
  3. patrick spriggs

patrick spriggs

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    great blog post, thanks a lot. I swore a lot when trying to perfect a chocolate macaroon recipe, it took me two weeks of solid baking to get a reliable recipe. If i had known it was that hard, i would have gone to a cake shop and just bought them!

will be trying that recipe within next week or so, thanks again

4. flipflopgirl

flipflopgirl

Exp:
    Retired Hospitality
    Since shutting down my shop I have been a bit bored and thought learning to make things I always enjoyed eating, but never had time to actually make, a delicious way to pass time.

Souffle is first and since finding that blog post, macarons will be next!

mimi

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  5. tine

tine

Exp:
    At home cook
    I'm familiar with this blog, very nice! Using toothpicks is a good idea. Do you think air pockets or lumps can also appear being too careful when folding the batter? Because the air gets mixed inside the eggwhites and you're supposed to "get the air out" during folding. When this doesn't happen properly, some air stays in. Usually my macarons look like this.

6. tine

tine

Exp:
    At home cook
    I'm familiar with this blog, very nice! Using toothpicks is a good idea. Do you think air pockets or lumps can also appear being too careful when folding the batter? Because the air gets mixed inside the eggwhites and you're supposed to "get the air out" during folding. When this doesn't happen properly, some air stays in.