new person

Joined Sep 28, 2001
I am still fairly new to cheftalk so I thought I should just say HI!!and thanks for the fun and ispiration. My life of cooking is pretty boring..I am a chef who works at a correctional facility. needless to say it isn't very challenging.

Joined Oct 5, 2001
Dear CrookCook:

Welcome to the Chef Talk Cafe!

Your position sounds extremely challenging! Do you work at a large facility? How many meals daily?

I am looking forward to your posts.

Best regards,

:)

Joined Mar 30, 2001
Hello Crookcook

Great Handle.

Your job is very important....you are feeding some of my clients!!

We would love to hear about your job. Fill us in.

Cheers

Linda

Joined Oct 20, 2001
Just a note to welcome you. We are practically neighbors! Where in Iowa are you from? What type of a facility do you work in?

Rick

Joined Nov 17, 2000
Hi Crookcook! I'll bet some of my students would be interested in hearing about your job. :D

Joined Mar 13, 2001
Just a warm welcome, Crookcook!

Au contraire, your job seems pretty challenging to me. Please fill us in. I would like to know more about menus for inmates...

:chef:

Joined May 1, 2001
Welcome Crookcook. I spent most of 1991 through 1995 working on the programming and installation of a commissary and cashier system for the NYC Jails, so I have a feel for your environment. From a foodie standpoint, my stongest memory is the Bronx House of Correction where the cook seemed to make curry for lunch EVERY DAY! The whole place reeked of curry!:p

Joined Oct 14, 2001
Hello and welcome!!!!
I have some great recipes for cakes with files that I'd be happy to share.

enjoy!

relic

Joined Mar 12, 2001
Hi there crookcook, tell us about jail food. It's not something you hear about often. Do you do all the coking or do inmates help?

Joined Oct 2, 2001
Please please please don't make curry every day - some of us cannot abide turmeric, it smells like my grandmother's attic, and I'm sure it would drive me to violence!! This would never be a good thing in a correctional facility! I blend my own spices for curry, but I bet you can't afford that. How much does it cost to feed a prisoner per day?

Love~ Debbie

Joined Oct 28, 1999
CrookCook,

Welcome aboard. The "Corporate Chef Inc" forum might be of interest to you, given your area of expertise.

Welcome!

Joined Jul 28, 2001
Hi Crookcook,
I spent most of 1991 through 1995... oh never mind.
Hey, is it true that they cook most of the food with Salt P.?

Joined Sep 28, 2001
I work in a halfway house type setting and we do all the cooking, as opposed to the prisons where the inmates do it all. It averages 4.08 a day to feed a resident. They eat typical caferteria food. Like today they had fish sanwiches for lunch and pizza for dinner. It is easy work and the pay and benefits are excellent. I do miss restaurant and hotel work though.

Joined Mar 13, 2001
Good to have you on board CROOKCOOK,

any tales that entertain the mind as
good food entertains the palate and belly ?

:rolleyes:

Top Bottom