New Knives -unheard of?.

Joined Oct 31, 2012
Lately I've been getting three or more video ads of some knives. Known variously as Almasi, Coolio/Mr. Tevchi
depending on the video. The knives all look the same although the ads have different content. The first one I saw showed manly hipsters slicing great slabs of meat.
The other shows a guy shaving his arm hair and cutting paper. Don't remember the third.
Anyway, are they all the same knife? Are they any good? Anyone else getting these ads?

Joined Dec 13, 2018
Not sure about your particular ad but I bought a great knife I'd never heard of off a Facebook ad. Super sharp.

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
Haven't seen those ads or heard of those brands. It's not uncommon for one maker (usually Chinese) to make a knife that many sellers will market as theirs.

There is a lot of this in the knock-off pocket knife market right now. And these knock-offs are usually good value for the prices, but often infringe patent and trademark. This is the peril of not being your own maker in a market country that won't enforce IP. Customs occasionally seizes the imports but not regularly nor reliably.

Top Bottom