New Job

Joined Jul 29, 2021
Hi All ,
im new here, been in the business for over 30 years and have worked just about every position from pantry and salad to head chef in a restaurant and catering business . i've been a food service director for healthcare facilities . Tomorrow i start my new job as Head chef in a hotel , Im feeling somewhat anxious about it (its going to be a big job) My confidence has not waivered. Im stand firm in my belief that these roles are 3/4 a confidence game if you have the kowledge i do hope to get input from fellow chefs as i meander my way through this part of my career.

Joined Oct 1, 2006
Welcome Cheffloyd,

Sounds like you have good a handle on the situation. Feel free to ask a question anytime. Loads of advice or commiseration here!

Joined Feb 8, 2009
Good Luck Chef. I may be a bit late to the party. I think you're right about the confidence. Just remember why you have the confidence. It's because of all the knowledge you obtained over the years. An old GM of mine told me, you'll think you're ready to take on bigger things in this business because I'm cocky. He said, you'll be ready when you can talk Turkey.....In other words, you know what you're talking about.....There is no faking it in this business.........The Best.........ChefBillyB

Joined Dec 29, 2019
Hi All ,
im new here, been in the business for over 30 years and have worked just about every position from pantry and salad to head chef in a restaurant and catering business . i've been a food service director for healthcare facilities . Tomorrow i start my new job as Head chef in a hotel , Im feeling somewhat anxious about it (its going to be a big job) My confidence has not waivered. Im stand firm in my belief that these roles are 3/4 a confidence game if you have the kowledge i do hope to get input from fellow chefs as i meander my way through this part of my career.
Hows it working so far.?

Top Bottom