New in the Kitchen

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by dawneward, Apr 12, 2006.

1. dawneward

dawneward

Exp:
    At home cook
    I'm new and have never, ever posted a "thread" before, anywhere, so please be patient. I have been cooking since I was seven. My grandmother canned vegetables, made jams and jellies and even made homemade catsup (her spelling, not mine) and Rootbeer! My Mom taught me the basics in cooking and baking and taught me how to make a pretty good cherry pie. In fact, she won the National Cherry Pie contest sponsored by Betty Crocker when she was seventeen, really, no kidding! My sister cooks and my nieces love to cook. One graduated from the California Culinary Academy and the other hopes to attend Johnson and Wales in Providence. My brother, brother-n-law and husband have serious BBQ competions. My three year old daughter already knows how to crack an egg without getting egg shell all over the place and my one year old is a professional beater licker. So you could say we are a family of cooks

I look forward to learning more about the culinary arts!

Thanks for your time.

Dawne

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Dawne, you have quite the culinary pedigree! You must have some wonderful memories from your youth, and are giving that gift to your children as well.

We home cooks are welcome participants in this community. It's a great place to learn and share; in my experience, our knowledge is respected alongside the professionals'. We hope you explore the board! You can use the search button to find topics we've discussed in the past. We ask that you "read only" in the professionals' forums, but help yourself to posting in the other 95% of the board. If you have questions about how to post or use the board, just ask any one of the moderators. We're listed in the right-hand column of the main page.

Welcome!
    Mezzaluna