New Here :)

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by bagofskittles, Aug 1, 2010.

1. bagofskittles

bagofskittles

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Hey everyone!  

I live in Phoenix, AZ.  I grew up in Massachusetts... I was never that into cooking, but mostly due to lack of exposure.  My Mom claims she cooked a lot... but really it was a rotation of like 5 simple meals lol.  

I started getting hooked on Food Network and recreating dishes I had seen.  I also began developing a book shelf full of cook books!  

I recently decided to take the plunge and check out a culinary school, hopefully find a good program and start soon.  

I was vegan for a year and a half so I have experience cooking up awesome vegan meals... and awesome vegan baked goodies :)  Never know when that could come in handy LOL

I'm not sure what any big plans are for the future- I just know I want to grow from here on out... looking forward to getting to know everyone around here /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Welcome to Chef Talk, Bagofskittles. If you're considering culinary school, you'll want to investigate the Culinary Schools/Students forum, where many have come to ask some of the same questions you probably have. Have a look around the site, and explore the cooking articles, wikis, cookbook reviews, and so much more. We hope you'll participate as well as browse.

Enjoy the site, and we hope to see you often.

Mezzaluna

3. biancadee

biancadee

Exp:
    Home Chef
    Welcome to Chef Talk bagofskittles! :)

It's nice to have you around.