New guy here

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by shaunmac, Nov 3, 2011.

1. shaunmac

Just saying hello. First time to the site, excited to learn form some experienced chefs. I'm 20, been in restaurants for about 5-6 years doing everything from dishwashing to running a kitchen. But I am normally just a line cook. I have an absolute passion for cooking and have my entire life, growing up in an old school italian family I have been cooking since I was young. I've worked in a couple different restaurants, but now I'm at one of the busiest seafood restaurants in Rhode Island however its really seasonal. I am transferring to Johnson and Whales to join their restaurant entrepreneurial business program because I plan on owning my own restaurant in or around Boston one day. Just a little bit about me, thanks for reading
  2. petalsandcoco

Welcome to Cheftalk Shaunmac, its great to have you aboard.

There are so many interesting sections here to look at; there is professional fora's , the culinary students, pastry, wiki's, the gallery,the food and cooking forums and just about everything else you can think of.

Feel free to look around or post comments, or start your own relavent thread.

Thanks for telling us a bit about yourself, it sounds like your going to have your own restaurant .......