New Girl from IL

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by craftynatalie, Jan 11, 2006.

1. craftynatalie

craftynatalie

Exp:
    At home cook
    :p Hi This looks like a cool site, so I thought I would check it out. I am a stay at home mom of 4 boys who love to eat but I am trying to expand their horizons beyond pizza, mac and cheese and steak so I am looking for any info about Rockford IL and cooking classes etc... There is so much to do in Chicago, but Rockford searches bring up nothing! Where would be the best place to post this message?

Thanks

Natalie-Mom of FOUR BOYS who is tired of "LITTLE BOY FOOD"

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hi Natalie, and welcome to Chef Talk. I'm a native Illinoisan "downstater" myself; I grew up in the Quad Cities. It's frustrating when people think that all there is to the state is Chicago (wonderful as that city is).

You might try "Cook's Corner". Your query isn't really a "Culinary Students' Forum" question, because I think you want to take a class now and then rather than going to cooking school, right?

As for finding "real" food, you'll have plenty of luck using the search feature on this site. It searches for words and phrases within threads and posts, so choose your words with that in mind. Let us know if you have questions, and please enjoy this community.

Regards,
    Mezzaluna

3. craftynatalie

craftynatalie

Exp:
    At home cook
    Thanks for the info and you are right I do not want to go to culinary school I just want to be a wonderful home chef and learn new things!