New Computer...back in action...hello everyone!

Joined Jul 28, 2006
For the longest time I had trouble with logging in to ChefTalk.  After only a couple of minutes my screen would freeze.  How frustrating.  Recently someone told me it was because my computer probably didn't have enough RAM for this website.  I suspect this to be at least somewhat true,  as I didn't have this trouble with other computers.  However,  other computers are seldom available to me. 

Anyway...memory shouldn't be a problem for my new laptop with 6mb RAM.  Whether that's a whole lot,  I don't know,  but it's a lot better than what I had  before!  And wireless too...it's only taken me 11 years to move into the 21st century!  Hopefully I will now be able to visit the forums and contribute more frequently now.  I have missed you all!

Joined Jul 28, 2006
Thanks for asking!  I was having all sorts of fun,  mostly with my pressure cookers.  Casseroles,  desserts,  soups, stews,  etc.  I also taught a series of Pressure Cooker classes at our local community center.  It was very popular,  so I plan to do more once summer is officially over.  That was a lot of fun,  and I look forward to doing more. 

Re the new computer:  Shortly after I started this thread,  the computer locked up and I got an error message.  Called tech support,  and after trying a number of things unsuccessfully,  they said it was a hard drive issue and they would send a tech out to put in a new hard drive.  I said I paid for a new working computer,  and that's what I want.  So I took it back to the store and exchanged it for another the same make and model.  If this one also malfunctions,  I will exchange it for some other brand.  Hopefully,  the hard drive issue is just a fluke. 

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
It's good to have you back. There is work underway to bring groups to this software so you can have the PC group back again soon I hope.

Joined Jul 28, 2006
Thanks phatch.  It's good to be back.  I would love to have the PC groups back again.  That's really good news.  Sometimes the forums seem a little llike soap operas ... 3 months go by,  and it's "later the same day",  but I have missed touching base now and then. 

Top Bottom