New Bakery needs a name

Joined Mar 7, 2001
I am in the process of opening a bakery and I am playing around with names for it. I don't want to name it after me or the town or the street. I have been thinking of upper crust or Bakery around the corner....anyone have any clever ideas for a bakery name I will be doing a little of everything so it won't be just a bagel shop or breads or pastries but some of all.....Thanks ;) ;) ;)

Joined Mar 13, 2001
How about THE GOLDEN SHEAF?

[ July 17, 2001: Message edited by: Kimmie ]

Joined Aug 4, 2000
How about PRAIRIE BLESSINGS or GOLDEN RAIN. ;)

[ July 18, 2001: Message edited by: kokopuffs ]

Joined Jan 5, 2001
...I think golden rain might be ...um.. misinterpreted.. (hence the wink perhaps?) How about plain old La Boulangerie (and give the shop a little Parisian flair)? or La Boulangère?

Joined Aug 4, 2000
What you insinuate about the name GOLDEN RAIN never, never, NEVER entered my mind. Seriously.

I'm fluent in French.
Boulangere = Baker (no accent on my font)
Boulangerie = Bakery

[ July 18, 2001: Message edited by: kokopuffs ]

Joined Jan 5, 2001
LOL..Sorry Kokopuffs, I guess my mind was in the gutter! (someone would have thought it eventually, don't you think?) :p ;)

By the way, boulangère is actually the feminine of baker. It traditionally designated the baker's wife.

[ July 18, 2001: Message edited by: Anneke ]

Joined Mar 13, 2001
Crust and Crumbs.

You might want to check for trademarks though since this is a book title by Peter Reinhart!

P.S.: Does the winner get a prize?

:D :D

Joined Aug 29, 2000
There's a bakery/restaurant in Milwaukee's Old Third Ward called La Boulangerie, Snakelady. Might want to find out if there's a problem with that.

Some more names:

Batter Up
Dough See Dough
Art of the Tart
The Posh Nosh
Rich Dough
Your Just Desserts
Baker Street (providing it's not on Baker Street)

Joined Mar 7, 2001
WOW thank you very much for all the ideas (golden rain hmmmm where was your thoughts) I really appreciate all the ideas for names I will let you know what I have chosen ....Prize??? How about a dozen donuts hehehe :D :D :D :D

Joined Mar 7, 2001
WOW thank you very much for all the ideas (golden rain hmmmm where was your thoughts) I really appreciate all the ideas for names I will let you know what I have chosen ....Prize??? How about a dozen donuts hehehe :D :D :D :D

Joined Nov 19, 1999
LOL, Anneke. I was waiting for that one to come up. You're very brave. Mezzaluna, you really came up with some lovely names, as have others. I'm glad it's not my decision to choose :)

Joined Oct 5, 2001
WOW!

Somany good names have been posted already!

If you are looking for something simple, how about: PANINI ? (This is my car's license plate :rolleyes: )

I wish you the best with your new bakery!

:)

Joined Jun 28, 2001
I can' t think of any names right now, but Upper Crust" has been used several times and so has "The Cakery", "The Neighborhood Bakery", and "Sweet Indulgence", just to name a few.

Latest posts

Top Bottom