New and Interesting Ideas for Tarragon

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by pete, May 2, 2005.

1. pete

pete Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    The growing season here in Wisconsin has hardly started and my tarragon is already huge!!! I need some new and interesting ideas to do with all the tarragon I have coming up. Tired of fish with tarragon, chicken with tarragon, have plenty of tarragon vinegar from last year, and I have plenty of Bearnaise reduction in my freezer, so come guys, give me some new and "crazy" ways to use it all up. I hate giving it all away to work.

2. pete

pete Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    The other night I made Strawberry Shortcake for dessert, at home. To give it a different twist, and use up some of my tarragon, I made a light tarragon syup to macerate the strawberries in. It turned out great, and subtle enough that it took a minute for my wife to figure out exactly what I had added. So, come on folks. I know with all those fabulous minds out there someone has to have some good ideas on ways to use up my tarragon. I want to hear them.

3. markv

markv

Scrambled eggs with tarragon.

Braised fennel finished with fresh chopped taragon.

Taragon butter.

Gratined oysters with taragon.

Herbed goat cheese with tarragon.

Mark

4. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Pete,

I don't know if I can tell you how to use "all" of your Tarragon, but you can bruise some and stick it in sea salt or kosher salt to add an anise note to the salt. You can make a pseudo Pastis with Vodka and a bit of sugar.

I have the same problem with Sage.