Chef Forum banner

New, Amatuer, Excited!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  blackfish 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I have a confession. I am new to this stuff. I'm in marketing and my new boss is a chef. A friend recommended a join Chef Talk and start cooking myself.

So here I am! I'm looking forward to immersing myself in this new world. If i learnt how to cook that would be a big bonus. 

My first, self assigned home work is to read Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain. I welcome any recommendations.

Thanks everyone!

Michelle

#3 ·
Welcome. Read [product="6217"]Kitchen Confidential Adventures In The Culinary Underbelly [/product] if you want to read a dark interpretation of the kitchen life. Read the apprentice to learn about the art and craft of becoming a well respected chef. I also recommend [product="25139"]Heat An Amateurs Adventures As Kitchen Slave Line Cook Pasta Maker And Apprentice To A Dante Quoting Butcher In Tuscany Vintage [/product] and also [product="26706"]Life On The Line A Chefs Story Of Chasing Greatness Facing Death And Redefining The Way We Eat [/product]
[product="27713"]The Apprentice My Life In The Kitchen By P Pin Jacques December 8 2015 Paperback [/product]

#4 ·
Thank you all for the recommendation. I have my copy and I am reading it. I must admit, I don't know what I expected but this book is incredible so far. I have ordered my copies of Heat and Life on the Line. 

Thank you all so so much! Any more recommendations please let me know :))

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.