Never trust a SKINNY chef! Who is ChefTalks biggest?

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by gastronaut, May 14, 2001.

1. gastronaut

gastronaut

Im 6'4" (192 cm)
    and weigh 297 pounds
    can anyone beat that? (i recently gave up smoking and have bung on a few kilos.... i am now on a diet and going down again :)

2. monpetitchoux

monpetitchoux

I am as my name suggests, petite and light. And getting lighter by the day because there just isn't enough time for me to eat. So I can't join the contest.

It's not fair to be a cook in a kitchen surrounded by food and not be able to eat. On busy nights, I can see my glass of ice turning into water but often don't have time to reach over and take a sip.

You are a big fella, aren't you? Good luck on the diet. I'm rooting for you. :)

P.S. Skinny I am and trustworthy as well. At least in the back of the house. Cocktail waitresses, however, have something to worry about. :D

[ May 14, 2001: Message edited by: monpetitchoux ]

3. w.debord

w.debord

Well I can't compete with your size GastroNaut... I'm only 5'9" and about 170 (which is too much for a women, petite I've never been). But I'm certainly the largest one in my kitchen believe it or not! Everyone else is from Mexico and they start at 5'2" or so (that's the head chef) and work up from there. There's only one guy that I can look at eye to eye when standing normally.

It's kind of weird working with all small men. This way they can't push me around, ha! :D

4. papa

papa

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Dear Gastronaut:

I am 6.2 and 250 pounds. I guess I will have to settle for second best in this contest. I am on a diet as well. When I was delivered as a baby, the doctor asked my Mother to put me on a diet because I was too big! I have been on a diet ever since! :D :D :D

5. papa

papa

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Dear mcglyd:

You have the wrong perception that fat people do not exercise. I was 320 pounds when I was in the Marines!

6. theloggg

theloggg

Exp:
    Other
    5'10", 230. But I move like I'm 225.

7. seattledeb

seattledeb

5'4 and voluptuous, which in the media could mean 98 lbs+ (which I'm definately not).

8. pooh

pooh

5'6 - very long dark hair...

Since I'm not a chef, I don't have to partake and won't tell you anything more...

;)

9. coolj

coolj

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I'm about 5' 9" and wiegh anywhere in the neighbourhod of 225 to 240 lbs. the weight fluxuates with my lifestyle. When I'm not working I usually lose weight, and when I'm working I usually put the pounds on like crazy.

10. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    You could most certainly trust me! :D :p

11. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    You could most certainly trust me! :D

12. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    5'8....185

13. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    5'4" and a definite foodie body, voluptuous sounds so much more lucious......
    stressssss usually equates to poundage crunching on the wrong shtuff. The market still new is a stressor.....making sure there's fundage, farmers, etc....I stress less when cooking...

14. greg

greg

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    5'10" 165#

BTW, I'm pretty sure those are not Cape Chef's specs. We all know he keeps his identity a secret and is a master of disguise (or was that disgust or disuse? I forget). I have it on good information, though, that he is 6'4", 230# with a six-pack of abs and hair like Fabio. Or was that Nicko? :D

15. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    There are only two people who no my true idenity on cheftalk. "non chef" and "Momoreg"

and they have sworn there loyalty to me!!

:cool:
    But alas....I will have to unvail myself this sunday in Chicago
    cc ;)

16. mofo1

mofo1

6'0 ft., 250. I'm big but I'm agile. I can dance the line with the best of them.

17. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    But Cape, I can't believe it's not butter...

I am 6ft 1 and weigh 180#

18. pooh

pooh

Quote by Mezzaluna:

Haven't you heard of Trust no one - X-Files!!!

:eek:

19. momoreg

momoreg

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    I'm curvy, but nowhere near the heaviest on the list! It's interesting to see how you all look... :eek: :D

[ May 15, 2001: Message edited by: momoreg ]

20. pastachef

pastachef

I'm 5'0", 113. My doctor thinks that's fine because of my age. I also have long black hair and people think I am a sister to my 37 year old daughter. Not wrinkles yet...but I never cared anyway.