Never been to Seattle

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by panini, Jun 30, 2005.

1. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Be there the first two weeks of August.
    I know CTers are from there but I can't remember which ones..
    Looking for very good places to eat. Nothing gormet. Great Seafood etc.
    We are visiting some old hippie friends of ours, so not doing anything formal.
    Ja know I'll always buy :cool:

Actually, there are a couple of us 50 yr olds visiting some property in Oregon. We are setting the seeds for a retirement vinyard. The three of us now and we will probably looking for 2 or 3 more. Course you won't have to be 55. Not a comune but living at the vinyard. I have already staked out the responsibility of R and d and manufacturing non /wine &grape products Storefront bakery/restaurant (through my investment)
    Our hippie friends, He is a areospace engineer at NASA wiTh a stsistical Doctorate to add to it. His wife is a DR of stistictics and Promises in five years the earth wil be prime according to their calculations

The catalyst to our venturs is my longtime goumbah He has a vestment to turn or cash in 5 yrs He has called us all together to meat his new 48yr old bride.
    When you hear his name you will reconize him as a Wine conoseur
    Anyother interested people will be treatted very nicely
    Could be something of a very nice working community
    Panini

2. chrose

chrose

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Oohh that's tempting. Unfortunately my wife doesn't want to move at least until Kyle is out of high school in 5 years, perhaps then :cry:
    But I do have a friend, Vic, in Port Angeles, Wa. That's about 80 miles NW of Seattle. He is an owner of justsmokedsalmon.com
    Maybe he gives tours!

3. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Most of the older kids in three families will have college graduate s in four years.
    We are using the second week to brainstorm and visit locations for proven groung vinyards.We are actually going to look are piticular areas that have been identified as growers,
    We are for the most, not wealthy. The core is three couples whos kids will be attending college in the next 4 to 5 yrs, There are smaller ones comming behind them witch they have talked about home schooling. There is funds to get the business off the groung and to build homes.
    You will never know if you don't check it out. Give you all the info when I return. CC this might be something for you

4. mangilao30

mangilao30

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
  5. nowiamone

nowiamone

I've always been to Seattle 4,5 times a year. Lots of good food there. Suggest you spend one or two days wandering through the Public Market and the waterfront. You can wander and graze, stop have a little wine, sample, in and out of lots of stalls and restaurants, then go to dinner! Many, many good spots within blocks. The last few years I've made it to point to stop at Bell Street pier, upstairs fine dining and downstairs more casual but still good and fresh. Have found myself craving the captains plate, a great fish, shrimp and chip assortment (downstairs Bell St.) and spicy bloody marys for breakfast after all the sampling and sipping!

6. pierre

pierre

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    there is a really great spice shop in seattle, just a few blocks from the Pike's Place market that is a MUST visit. World Merchant it's got every kind of spice you can think of, lots of spice mixes (which they will sell unground, or ground), sea salts from around the world, and they have a great selection of teas from around the world as well. when you walk in the door the aroma will knock you off your feet. they also do mail order.