Need to interview a chef for a school project! Your time would be greatly appreciated :)

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by giozepeda23, Dec 2, 2010.

1. giozepeda23

giozepeda23

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hello my name is Giovanny Zepeda, I am a senior currently attending Warren High School in Downey, California and I am very interested in a career as a chef. I was wondering if you could answer a couple of questions that I have for a projec, I would really appreciate it and thank you for your time. Cooking has always been a passion of mine.

1. How did you discover that you wanted to pursue a career as a chef?
    2. Did you always like cooking?
    3. What inspires you to cook everyday?
    4. How is the job market for chefs?
    5. What possibilities does one have with a degree in the culinary arts?
    6. Do you need a culinary arts degree to be a chef?
    7. How many years have you been doing this?
    8. How did you get to the position you are currently at?
    9. Have you ever regretted your career choice?
    10. What's your favorite thing about your job?
    11. Your least favorite?
    12. If there was one thing you could change about the food industry, what would it be and why?
    13. What type of jobs are there for chefs?
    14. How do you handle critics?
    15. How do you deal with the stress of the busy lunch hours?
    16. How do you keep up with people's changing tastes?
    17. What is your personal favorite type of cooking?
    18. What's it like running your own restraunt?
    19. Who is your role model when it comes to cooking?
    20. What advice would you give a young chef? 

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Hello Giovanny- welcome to Chef Talk.

We would be happy to read your introduction of yourself, which is what the Welcome Forum is for. I'm going to advise you to take these questions, which I'm sure your teacher carefully considered in making the assignment, and suggest that you find a chef where you live who will answer these questions. Then go and interview him/her. We have a good many culinary instructors here who will give you this advice in much less gentle terms.

By going out your door and finding someone to talk to, you will have made a contact in this field. Whether or not you plan to be a chef doesn't matter. Go and talk to someone in person. It's good for you! Sorry, I can't help it. I'm a retired teacher. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

If you have questions about Chef Talk, I would be very happy to answer them. We have a lot to offer to anyone who likes to eat!

Good luck,

Mezzaluna