Need suggestions about my culinary program

Joined Aug 20, 2019
I started teaching culinary at a local community college and discovered I had more funding in the restaurant. Any ideas on how to get donations for some tables? I had some investors but this covid is closing doors.

Joined Aug 20, 2019
If you're teaching through a Community College ... how come they're not getting you your stuff?!?
I guess its all political being a nonprofit program with the college. We bring in 8 to 10 students for a 21 week culinary class. Seems to me that other curriculums that bring in large amount of students gets the money first. With covid we have to spread out the students in work stations thats why there is a need for three more tables. One good thing is that you can transfer items not being used within the state from other colleges but no one has any tables thats nsf.

Joined Oct 22, 2010
Any ideas on how to get donations for some tables? I had some investors but this covid is closing doors.

Start selling pickup orders of "whatever" is seasonal that you're teaching. Will give some practical experience to the students for things you're cooking anyways. Money can buy the items you need for the class.

Also check craisglist in the free section.

Depending on what kind of tables you need you could build them from home depot for really, really, really cheap. I have no idea what you're using them for. Obviously if it's for students to prep and chop things on then no, but if it's just presentation stuff then plywood, folding legs and a linen tablecloth has worked for decades.

Latest posts

Top Bottom