Need spring menu help!!

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by Liz.A, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Liz.A

Liz.A

Exp:
    head chef
    Hello everyone!
    I am completely blocked. not just a little, but a metric ton. Any sort of advice would be welcomed. We are an american style bistro/ bakery that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I recently took over after my head chef decided to move on. we do salads, sandwiches, pizzas, entrees, apps and full breakfast. `once again any help would be greatly welcomed.

2. kaiquekuisine

kaiquekuisine

Exp:
    Line Cook
    I think some more information would be helpful, such as what items/proteins are already featured on the menu?
    What are your best sellers?
    What equipment do you have (since some kitchens arent so well equipped)?
    Where are you located?

Give us some more info so we don´t end up giving ideas that may already be present on the current menu.

3. Pat Pat

Pat Pat

Exp:
    Chef Emeritus
    I think these wouldn't really matter because the whole menu would be switched to a spring one, am I correct?

4. jimyra

jimyra

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    What experience do you have?

5. kaiquekuisine

kaiquekuisine

Exp:
    Line Cook
    I was trying to avoid suggesting the same proteins and preparation methods that are already being used on your current menu.
    Having an idea of what sells, is beneficial so we can have a basic idea of what your clientele usually goes for (again i don´t want to put out ideas, that arent well thought out).
    Having some more info is only beneficial so we can tell what are the limits of suggesting certain ideas, but if you just want some random ideas that´s fine too.

6. chefandrewl

chefandrewl

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I think it would be helpful to discuss everyone's process for making a menu..

I start with my sales report on my current menu and look at what needs to come off the menu because it does not sell. Then I look at what is coming out of season and what is coming in season. I also talk to my sales rep about any new products they might be pushing. Lastly I read several periodicals about food, such as eater, bon appetite, and food and wine.

Hope this helps

linecookliz likes this.
  7. linecookliz

linecookliz

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Spring salads are nice. Fruits, mixed greens, some candied nuts and a vin dressing. A lot of it is just looking at what is in season. For pizzas, check which veggies are in season. You could also do a dessert fruit pizza. Good luck.

8. sgsvirgil

sgsvirgil

Exp:
    Retired Owner/Operator
    Hire a new chef.