Need someone's help who has a job in a resturaunt

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by darkarts, Jul 22, 2011.

1. darkarts

darkarts

Exp:
    Culinary Student
    Hey guys I have a school project where I have to conduct an interview with someone who has a occupation in the career that I want, which of course is culinary arts. It's a very short interview only about 15-20 questions and short 1 sentence answers to them are perfectly fine.

If anyone wants to help me out we can do it through msn or PMs on the site

msn is [email protected]

Thanks

2. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Hey Nancy!

That homework assignment is not meant to be done in between gaming on the internet.

Put your sneakers on and go,walk,take the bus, drive to meet a chef and ask your questions.

Well, that's what I told the last person who emailed me with questions. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif

There is probably is a young chef hanging around to answer you.

Be aware that the old chefs tend to be crabby, don't know why??/img/vbsmilies/smilies/smoking.gif

BTW. A warm welcome to ChefTalk. Very nice to me future Chefs!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  3. petemccracken

petemccracken

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Short, one sentence answers may satisfy the assignment requirements, but an "in-person" interview with expanded answers will probably provide you with more insight and develop a more complete understanding.

Of course, it is your choice, complete the assignment as easily and rapidly as possible or take advantage of the opportunity to really converse with a top chef in your immediate area.

What you get out of school is directly proportional to the effort you put into the program.

4. pcieluck

pcieluck

Exp:
    Line Cook

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

5. longcolts

longcolts

Exp:
    At home cook
    I don't mean to step on any toes but did anyone take the time to think that there may not be a quality Chef in his/her immediate area?  I sure don't have one in mine unless you call 35 to 40 miles immediate area.

6. petemccracken

petemccracken

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    OP said nothing about "quality chef", only about interviewing someone in culinary arts, if there is one restaurant, there is someone /img/vbsmilies/smilies/crazy.gif

7. longcolts

longcolts

Exp:
    At home cook
     lol, the only one around here that is in the culinary arts is the dude flipping eggs at the local after hours drunken hangout.  I live in culinary hell here.

8. pcieluck

pcieluck

Exp:
    Line Cook
    He'll be lucky if his first job in the industry is flipping eggs. Students aught to see the real culinary world as soon as possible, thus exactly the kind of person he aught to see.