Need some ideas!

Joined Nov 15, 2020
I'm a sous in a high end kitchen. My exec says she wants all of her crew to come up with ideas for menu changes. So far all my ideas have been rejected. Pan seared lamp chops, chicken cacciatore, beef Wellington...
HELP!!!

Joined Dec 13, 2018
It sounds like she wants you to create something new or spin a classic in a new way. Something with your own personal touch that elevates the dish and makes it unique. Without knowing more about the food you currently do, it's hard to make a suggestion that might be conaidered.

Joined Nov 15, 2020
It sounds like she wants you to create something new or spin a classic in a new way. Something with your own personal touch that elevates the dish and makes it unique. Without knowing more about the food you currently do, it's hard to make a suggestion that might be conaidered.
I'm in a high end native American restaurant. We do a lot of native foods as well as steaks and seafood. I think we did 275 surf and turf dinners last Monday night

Joined Dec 13, 2018
Native American cuisine is definitely not my wheelhouse but my mind goes to buffalo tenderloin with some sort of corn/green chili/cactus side dish. Traditional native ingredients that would pair well and be elevated.

Joined Dec 23, 2004
There's a cool YouTube series where Lakota chefs highlight native foods in a restaurant setting. You might want to check that out. If you're in North America than corn, beans, squash and wild game like bison and venison are things that were commonly eaten. Maybe a Native version of polenta alongside a ragout of bison?

Joined Dec 23, 2004
Succatash is another nice side that utilizes native ingredients. Game birds might also fit the bill.

Top Bottom